Search This Blog

Monday, January 4, 2010

Roasted Vegetable Tart

IMG_4777

I love vegetables, so much so that I usually eat them completely plain. I rarely bother to actually make a formal dish with them but since we were having company over for New Year’s I decided to make a fancier side dish and pretty up my presentation with this roasted vegetable tart.

IMG_4663

This is a really simple recipe. The actual preparation time is short, but you need to start ahead of time to give the veggies enough time to roast and then sit in the fridge.

IMG_4664

I decided to use an eggplant, red and yellow peppers, zucchini and a red onion.

IMG_4685

I mixed some olive oil with salt, pepper and roasted garlic paste and brushed the veggies with it. I then put them in the oven until they were roasted.

IMG_4682IMG_4692

I forgot to take a picture of the roasted peppers and zucchinis. :( I was cooking four things at the same time so it skipped my mind.

IMG_4695

The actual assembly was pretty easy. I layered the bottom with all the eggplant and then sprinkled some grated parmesan cheese over, I repeated the same thing with layers of peppers, red onions and the zucchinis, adding some cheese between each layer. I then covered the veggies with plastic wrap and weighed them down with a plate so that the veggies would compress together and then put them in the fridge.

IMG_4776

After a few hours in the fridge it was ready to serve.

IMG_4784IMG_4781

I cut the tart into little wedges and served them alongside my main course.

IMG_4785

This was really good, everyone absolutely loved it. Roasting really brings out the taste of the veggies and the parmesan really complemented their flavour. It was a really nice way to make veggies more special.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin