Search This Blog

Friday, July 2, 2010

Mustard Roasted Fish

IMG_8577 IMG_8578

I’ve been on an unplanned blogging hiatus for the past month, slowly filling up my camera and biding my time until I had a chance to sit down and finally get down to business. Happily, my night classes are over for the moment (hooray!), so I finally get to blog without a nagging little voice in my head reminding me that I really need to finish my homework.

Sometimes when I’m posting I struggle to find good pictures of certain dishes because alas, not everything is photogenic in proportion to its deliciousness; Mustard Roasted Fish being a prime example. The recipe is here and is from Ina Garten. Although she rivals Paula Deen in lavish and sometimes gratuitous use of butter, I can’t remember ever having made a bad recipe from her and this one is no exception.

IMG_8563

IMG_8564

Creme fraiche is 40% milk fat which is why it is so good. It’s not available everywhere so if you have a hard time finding it you could substitute full fat sour cream or full fat Greek yogurt. My parents actually make their own but they’re hard core foodies that way.

IMG_8566

If a recipe calls for white fish, I always end up using tilapia. It thaws quickly and has a really neutral flavour; you can’t go wrong.

IMG_8568

Capers, green onions, Dijon mustard and grainy mustard. I always drive The Husband mad because I always have 4-5 kinds of mustard in the fridge at one time but they come in handy in recipes like this.

IMG_8569

All mixed up together.

IMG_8570

IMG_8572

Poured over the fish and ready for the oven.

IMG_8573

IMG_8575

You’ll know it’s ready when your kitchen smells amazing and the fish flakes easily with a fork.

IMG_8583

Unfortunately once plated it’s not as pretty looking but it tastes amazing. The green onions and the capers did a good job of cutting through the richness of the creme fraiche and the mustards paired perfectly with the fish.

del.icio.us Tags:
Blog Widget by LinkWithin