Search This Blog

Friday, July 31, 2009

Free Starbucks will always lure me in


Starbucks and I go back a long way. After all, they helped fund my university education by employing me twice; once in Montreal and once in Toronto. As a Starbucks barista I drank my way through the entire menu many, many times. I was probably drinking 15 dollars worth of coffee at one point in time, which leads me to point out that a) Starbucks is very bad for your waistline, b) once you have made your own lattes you become very picky about them, and c) Starbucks is way, way, way overpriced. Thus, at one point in time Starbucks and I parted ways when my wallet could no longer support my habit.

Somewhere along the line, I did however, manage to acquire and register a Starbucks card so I get e-mails once in a while. Today was free Vivianno day, so being the shameless lover of free food that I am, off I went to Starbucks. Viviannos are Starbucks' answer to their calorically evil gamut of food and drinks (don't believe me? Go check out how many calories there are in Frapuccinos, they're basically Big Macs in a cup). Anyways, they're fairly straight-forward; a banana, milk, protein and fibre powder and either strawberries/mocha/orange and mango, depending on the flavour. My verdict is: not bad at all. I got the banana chocolate flavour which was not too sweet. Given that most of their cold drinks are super sweet I was surprised. It is however, rather filling which would make it a good snack if your looking for something to tide you over until your next meal. I don't know if I would pay the 4-5 bucks that they cost but overall it is a good addition to their menu. If you're near a Starbucks I would say they're worth checking out.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin