Search This Blog

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution- Rogan Josh and Spicy Chili Rice

I absolutely love Jamie Oliver. The man rocks my world, seriously. If I ever met him I might have to do the "I'm not worthy". Ahem, anyways after my ice cream experiment I made Rogan Josh and Spicy rice for dinner. For myself, not the man, since he can only tolerate barely undetectable amounts of chilies in a dish.
One of the things I love about this cookbook (which my very nice mother bought me) is that he has a whole page on home made curry pastes. The husband has food allergies and it curtails what I can buy ready-made at the supermarket (as much as I like food, I like him even more). I used jalapenos and cherry chilies for the paste. Alas, it was barely hot. Of course, the husband thinks my tolerance to chilies is insane, and I am contemplating whether or not I have to start mainlining habanero hot sauce in order to get my fix. Anyways, the Rogan Josh was awesome, if I do say so myself. Making the paste is a bit messy but the whole recipe is pretty straight forward.


Here be the makings of the paste. My counter was an utter mess at this time, I don't think I will ever manage to cook neatly. The turmeric and the tomato paste are lurking in the background of the picture. I used my trust magic bullet to puree it hence why it is in a mug, not because I was planning to drink it.


Here is the finished product. You can see the chunks of chicken, along with the tomatoes. So good, I don't think I've ever had a dud from any of Jamie's cook books.
Behold the spicy rice. Perfect with the Rogan Josh. Although between the butter in the Rogan Josh and the rice and the cream in the ice cream I don't think that it does my waistline any flavour, although my taste buds are thanking me. Great recipes, I give them an 8 out of 10.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin