Search This Blog

Monday, September 14, 2009

Random Toronto Meal Pictures

I took a ton of random food pictures while I was in Toronto. Since work, sleep and paying attention to The Husband gets in the way of blogging I decided to make one huge post with brief explanations.



These are platanos fritos (fried plantains). They are plantains left to ripen and then fried unlike the patacones which I made a while back which are made with green plantains. They taste sweet and can be eaten as is or with cinnamon and some sugar sprinkled on top.




 
 
 
 

This is a pie which my Mom made with fresh cherries. She makes great pies, she always manages to make a very flaky, buttery crust.

 

My Mom made a seafood boil with shrimp, mussels and lobsters that she bought that morning. It was accompanied with corn and purple potato salad.



 
 
 
 

My Dad made steak and chorizo tacos. Whenever people ask me where the best tacos are I always say my parents' house. They make the most amazing tomatillo salsa with a base of charred garlic and onions.


 

These are Singapore noodles and my absolute favourite food in the universe, Chili Chicken. This is a recipe that originated from the Hakka people, who are ethnic Chinese living in India. I would pay good money for this recipe which I have tried to duplicate many times with mixed results.





Huevos Rancheros which my Mom made for breakfast.



Fresh herbs and zucchini blossoms from the garden.



My dinner for the plane which my Mom packed for me which consisted of a shrimp salad sandwich and an heirloom tomato salad, picked that day from my parents' tomato plants.




One last picture of Toronto from the plane. If you look in the middle of the frame you can see a teeny tiny CN Tower and Skydome with Toronto island behind.

This is the last of my Toronto picture posts. I hope you have all enjoyed seeing them. I certainly enjoyed eating everything!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin