Search This Blog

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Restaurant Review- The Oyster Shack

IMG_7056

I love seafood so I was really happy that the blogger meetup group to which belong was going to The Oyster Shack. Then again, I did pick the restaurant. ;)

IMG_7057

IMG_7058

IMG_7066

The Oyster Shack is a restaurant which tries to replicate the food and the atmosphere of an East Coast seafood shack. I think they succeed and the inside is nice and cozy. We went on a Friday night and it was lively but not too loud.

IMG_7064

When we got there we found out that Martinis are only 5 dollars on Fridays. I had had a rough day on that Friday so this instantly made me perk up. My friend Irina had a dirty martini.

IMG_7065

I had a lychee martini. They didn’t have any lychee juice so they used cranberry, hence why it was pink.

IMG_7067

For my second martini I had a melon one.

IMG_7068

I was starving by the time we ordered so I was more than happy when the bread was brought to the table. It was warm and crusty. I really appreciated the fact that it was warm since most restaurants serve stone cold bread; it was a nice touch. Service was a bit slow and it took roughly 45 minutes for all the appetizers to come. Unfortunately that always seems to be the case when eating out in a large group.

IMG_7071

Fried Calamari.

IMG_7073

Oysters Rockefeller.

IMG_7076

Crab cake.

IMG_7077

Clam Chowder.

I hadn’t ordered an appetizer and after seeing everyone’s food I was really wishing I had. Lucky the main course came soon after.

IMG_7079

Mussels.

IMG_7083

Fish and chips.

IMG_7084

Lobster and steak surf and turf.

IMG_7085

I had a bucket o’ scallops. Sorry about the blurry picture. It was deep fried scallops on top and fries on the bottom.

IMG_7094

It actually came in a little silver bucket which was rather cute, along with two dipping sauces.

IMG_7089

Lobster roll and fries.

The food was really good and the seafood was of good quality. The scallops were nice and tender with a light, crisp batter. Everyone else also really liked their food.

IMG_7098

Since I had skipped the appetizers I decided to have dessert which was only two dollars more. I had a Tia Maria vanilla cake with chocolate icing. The cake came with candied citrus peel sprinkled on top and it was really good and not too heavy.

IMG_7101

Vanilla custard. The custard had a top layer of caramel pudding with vanilla custard underneath.

IMG_7105

Chocolate profiteroles. I forgot to ask whether or not that was ice cream or whipped cream.

All in all the food was delicious and more than worth the price. The seafood tasted fresh, not frozen and the scallops in particular had a great texture and were not rubbery like some restaurants make them. Everyone was happy with their meals and I most definitely will go back.

del.icio.us Tags:
Blog Widget by LinkWithin