Search This Blog

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Birthday cinnamon buns

The husband must be one of the few people on this planet who is indifferent to cake. Shocking, but true, people like this do exist. So instead of making him birthday cake I made him birthday cinnamon buns. Don't worry, they still contain all the prerequisite butter and sugar of a birthday cake. The recipe comes from Ricardo magazine, which sadly, is not published in English anymore but still is in French.

The dough is pretty much like a brioche dough, meaning full of eggs and butter. I love, working with this dough as it rolls out so smoothly and easily. The middle is filled with brown sugar, cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg and ground cloves.

I'm always so happy when I cut the log and see the nice swirls.


After they had time to rise nice and big and puffy they were ready to go in the oven.

Et voila, the finished result. They are as good as they look and made my kitchen smell amazing.


Another picture of my creations. This one is a little blurry though, I'm still getting the hang of taking food pictures. The cinnamon buns are soft, sweet and buttery; filled with spices and topped with a straightforward milk glaze. Nothing makes me feel like a good wife like baking from scratch. The husband was very happy with with birthday cinnamon buns and has informed me that they will be his breakfast for the upcoming week.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin